Friday, March 8, 2013

East General Hospital

Feel free to ask any question you might have about this, even if you are going for surgery on you prostate I can maybe help you to understand what to expect.. god knows the doctors wont.....

So after getting an anal fistula I have decided to never go to east general hospital ever again, the pre op nurses were both new ... they both tried to put my IV in and both failed.... I ended up having to ask for a different nurse... now I find out they didn't even put stitches in me they only shoved gauze in the hole they made..... and put a patch over it.....  (would have been nice if they had explained what they were going to do a little better)
Every time i go there there is always more trainees then doctors...... I AM NOT YOUR LAB RAT if you want to use real people for your studies you need to start paying them


To top it all off they "forgot" to sign me up for the home care..... I was waiting until noon for a nurse to come then I called the surgeon and had them set me up...... and they did not give me any supply gauze/tape/patches/bandages NOTHING....when the nurse finally called they were disgusted that i didn't get any of that... especially since i didn't receive stitches


Second Post::::::::::: So now 48 hours after my surgery I am still waiting for my home care nurse..... she is supposed to come once a day every day an I'm going into day 3 and still no nurse..... they called me yesterday and said that they were very sorry but the hospital didn't sign me up.. and that there would be a guy coming in the morning to drop off some supplies and a nurse would be here around noon,,,, so 10am this morning i get a phone call   saying again we are sorry they will drop off the supplies around 2pm and a nurse would be here at 3....... 2pm rolls around still waiting.... 2:05 i get a call from the nurse herself, she says, omg frank i am so sorry we get our work through an agency and they just literally just sent our office the fax right now, i can see that you've been waiting quite some time.. i will be reporting this to the proper authority.. I will be there between 5-7 tonight......  It's now 2:20 and i am still waiting for the supply to get here or for a phone call saying I'm sorry....... YAY for free heath care right

I am lucky that my daughters mother is a nurse, although I am taking her to court right now for more visitation and right for my daughter I was very shocked that she came over and helped me change patches take a bath and clean my wound... but I guess it's safe to say that she was probably just as shocked that I called her for help, and must have known I was desperate, for the help, if I called her..... and hey I got an extra visit with Matilda too!!


Third Posting::::::::::: I ended up having to wait 50 hours for my medical supplies, and 53 hours after my surgery for my first home care visit.... I am glad that the nurse they sent was very nice and quite hot too! unfortunately due to march break she won't be here everyday, she will be back on Tuesday, I hope the other other nurses they send are as nice and kind as this one was, even if they aren't so attractive

Forth posting:::::::::: Well it's been almost 3 week since my surgery I must say my home care nurses have all been wonderful! so caring so gentle and so nice! it's going to sad to see them go..
I have my follow up appointment mid April... IKR a month and a week later....
I may or may not be able to FINALLY go back to work this week! would be nice if I can! but I am still in a bit of pain and not sure how much I can do all at once... I know a walk to the store is painful  so I don't see how I can go back to work really

AGAIN: Feel free to ask any question you might have about this, even if you or someone you know is going for surgery on you prostate I can maybe tell you what to expect.. god knows the doctors wont.....

No comments: